Brain Fog Program
The Brain Fog Program, supported by VAC Veterans and Family Well-Being Fund, is an advanced clinical initiative expertly developed to address the physical and neurological challenges of Brain Fog. Tailored for excellence, this program offers an innovative approach to enhance cognitive clarity and overall neurological health, benefiting 100 participants.
This fully personalized program is being delivered by the Centre of Clinical Excellence for Veterans and First Responders Health and features a multidisciplinary team of practitioners and specialists in primary care, psychiatry, neuropsychology, and pain management along with allied health providers such as physical therapists, occupational therapists, and registered psychologists.
You may be eligible for this program if you are experiencing symptoms of Brain Fog.
These symptoms include:
- Poor attention and concentration
- More difficulty with learning and grasping new concepts
- Thinking feels sluggish and fuzzy
- Chronic mental fatigue
- Frequent forgetfulness and memory loss
SERVICES MAY INCLUDE:
- Full assessment and screening to identify severity of symptoms to determine if clients participate in a Low, Moderate or High severity pathway.
- Services in each pathway are provided in 2, 6-week treatment blocks with on-going reassessment (virtually and in-person) to monitor progress.
- Client treatment will be adjusted between streams depending on progress and any new clinical needs after each treatment block.
- Nutritional consultations and guidance
- Exercise consultation and programming
- Guidance provided through a Health Navigator.
- Group-based education, support sessions, and digital tools are an integral part of the program aimed at helping participants understand and manage their symptoms within a supportive and collaborative environment.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia and sleep dysfunction
- Sleep, mindfulness & stress management
- Mental health interventions for depression and anxiety
Funds from this grant have been gratefully issued to the Legion Veterans Village Research Foundation (LVVRF) by the VAC Veterans and Family Well-Being Fund, to evaluate the impacts and outcomes of this program on veterans and family participants who have experienced Brain Fog. The Centre of Clinical Excellence will facilitate determining the availability of funding for active-duty service members interested in participating in the program.
** Importantly, this program and each participant will be a part of an overall Clinical Research Study to evaluate the impacts of personalized, integrated clinical interventions on Symptoms of Brain Fog.